A selection of walks from our Peak District Village.
Foolow is an ideal place to start and finish a walk. Good parking for visitors and a friendly pub that welcomes walkers. The geography and geology around Foolow makes the walking particularly varied and interesting as the junction of the Limestone and gritstone is only a few hundred yards north of the village. Each type of rock brings with it different features on the land and different types of vegetation. (Gritstone moors of Eyam and Abney are described as well as limestone dales).
We hope that you will enjoy using this book. If you find any errors or omissions, please let us know
- Foolow – Silly Dale – Grindlow – Foolow 2.5 miles
2. Foolow – Eyam – Foolow 3.5 miles
3. Foolow – Stanley Moor – Hucklow – Foolow 4 miles
4. Foolow – Cressbrook Dale – Wardlow – Foolow 5 miles
5. Foolow – Eyam Moor – Bretton – Foolow 6 miles